[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Replacement of Australian passport because of a Change of Name

Change of name

If you have changed your name since birth or obtaining Australian citizenship, or since your last passport was issued, you will need official proof of your new name before a passport may be issued in your new name. This proof can take several forms:

If your name has changed from the name on your most recent evidence of Australian citizenship (ie. your birth certificate, citizenship certificate or previous Australian passport) you will need to provide evidence of a change of name with your application.

We cannot amend the name in your current passport. After your wedding, for example, you will need to present the marriage certificate issued by the Register of Births, Deaths and Marriages, with a completed application, current passport, current identification in your new name, and photographs to obtain a new passport.

Replacement of Australian passport

Fees do not apply in the following circumstances:

Note: Only change of family name (not your given names) associated with change of name on marriage, divorce or death of spouse, will be permitted

Australia Passport

Children's Passport in Australia

New Adult Passport in Australia

Lost or Stolen Passport in Australia

[an error occurred while processing this directive]