[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Requirements for Nepal Passport
- Nepali Passport is valid for Ten Years from the date of issue. It is non-renewable; thereafter passport holders are required to apply for a new passport well within time before expiry, but not earlier than six months validity period. However, in case of accidental damage of the passport or use of all the pages meant for visa, one could apply for new passport any time. Fill the form in Capital Letters.
- Affix one photograph with both ears exposed (size 2" x 2") on the designated place in the application form and enclose two for passport. Photographs should not be older than six months. Please do not send big size photo for passport becasue we have ten years validity passsort and needed a special size of photo.
- From 13th April, 2004 we have new bank account at the Commerzbank in Berlin, so please, send money by bank transfer Euro 90.00 in the account of Royal Nepalese Embassy at Commerzbank, Berlin Account N0. 2660207 and Bank code N0. 100 400 00, Personal Checks Are Not Accepted.
- Send your current passport and its copies of page no. 1, 2 and 3.
- Send a self-addressed strong envelope with sufficient postage to return passport. We advise applicants to send prepaid envelope of any kind of express mail to return passport/s. We take no responsibility of any undelivered passport/s because of the insufficient postal charge or a weak envelope to bear up the load. Applicants who are residing in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, should deposit additional money Euro 10.00 at the Commerzbank for the return postal charge.
- For inclusion of your child's name in your passport, please include additional Euro 20.00 for each child and provide the following in a separate application addressed to the Embassy:
- copy of birth certificate
- two photographs, (size 2"x2") and
- copy of father's passport (page no. 1, 2, and 3) as a proof of Nepalese citizenship. A child, whose father is not a citizen of Nepal, is not eligible to obtain Nepali passport.
- Those, who marry after arrival in foreign country and wish to include husband's family name in the passport, must submit a marriage certificate with application letter on payment of Euro 20 to the Embassy's bank account.
- Any amendment or modification of particulars given in the passport can be made only on payment of Euro 20.00 for each such amendment/modification.
- It takes about 2 weeks to issue a new passport after the application is received at the Embassy. In case of emergency, please call the Embassy to process your application at the earliest possible date
Click here to download application form
Additional Requirement In Case Of Loss Of The Old Passport
- Report to the local police and ask for an acknowledgment or a counter report as a proof and send it to the Embassy or Consulate General.
- Send copies of page no. 1, 2 and 3 of lost passport and copy of visa issued by the concerned Embassy.
- Send your original Citizenship Certificate, if not send its copy.
- If you don't have copy of the lost passport and citizenship certificate, please specify the number of the lost passport and date and place of issue. In such a case, an indefinite time is required to verify records to issue a new passport if the lost passport was not issued by the Embassy.
Types of Nepali Passport:
- Ordinary Passports
Nepalese citizens are entitled to have ordinary Nepalese passports, which shall be issued by the concerned District Administration Offices, and the Royal Nepalese Missions abroad.
The Ministry may issue ordinary passports to the following persons:
- Physically sick persons as stated by Nepal Medical Board.
- Local employees of diplomatic missions, other than the residents of Kathmandu Valley, on the recommendation of their offices stating with sufficient reasons that it is not possible for them, on account of official duty, to get Passports from the concerned District Administration Office.
- Persons unable to get Passports from the concerned District Administration Office provided that there is sufficient reason for the same
Validity: Ordinary Passports are issued to the following persons for the period of ten years. Validity of such passports cannot be extended beyond this period.
- Application forms for Ordinary Passports and Travel Documents is attached in Annex 'A'.
- Applicants should duly fill in four copies for Ordinary Passports respectively. Photographs should be affixed in the application forms and attested by the gazzetted officer of HMG(His Majesty’s Government)/N.
- Two additional photographs need to be attached with the application forms.
- The original Citizenship Certificate and an attested copy of it should also be submitted.
- The Minor Identity Certificate, Relationship Certificate and attested copies of the same are required in case the applicant is a minor.
- Old Passport should also be submitted, if any.
- Applicants should pay to the concerned passport issuing office a sum of NRs 5,000.00 as fees per Passport/Travel Document to be deposited in the revenue account of HMG/N. A receipt is issued to the applicant to this effect.
- Amendment in the Passport/Travel Document entails the applicants to pay NRs 200 per amendment.
- In the case of the Royal Nepalese Missions abroad issuing Ordinary Passports and Travel Documents, fees may vary mission to mission as it may be fixed in local currency. The applicants must consult the missions for this purpose.
Instructions to the Holders
- Passport holders should affix their signatures on the specified page of the passport before use.
- Passport/Travel Document holders should read carefully the notice printed at the end leaf of the Passport/Travel Document.
- Diplomatic Passports
Diplomatic Passports are issued to the following persons for their official visits abroad with specific period of validity. The validity can be extended.
- Her Majesty the Queen, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince, Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess, His Royal Highness the Navayubaraja, Her Royal Highness Princess, and other members of the Royal Family.
- Members of the entourage of the visit abroad of His Majesty the King, Her Majesty the Queen, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince, Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess, and His Royal Highness the Navayubaraja.
- Prime Minister, Chief Justice, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Chairperson of the National Assembly, Chairperson of the Raj Parishad Standing Committee, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister, Leader of the Main Opposition party in the House of Representatives, Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Deputy Chair-Person of the National Assembly, State Minister, Member of Raj Parishad Standing Committee, Vice-Chairperson of the National Planning Commission, Justices of the Supreme Court, Assistant Minister, Members of the House of Representatives and National Assembly, Chief of the Army Staff, Members of the National Planning Commission, Chief Commissioner of the Commission on Investigation of the Abuse of Authority, Auditor General, Chairperson of the Public Service Commission, Chief Election Commission, Attorney General, Bada Guruju, Governor of Nepal Rastra Bank, Commissioner of the Commission on Investigation of the Abuse of Authority, Members of Public Service Commission and Commissioners of Election Commission.
- Special class officers of the Royal Palace Service, Nepal Civil Service, Royal Nepalese Army, Nepal Police and Armed Police.
- Gazzatted officers belonging to Diplomatic Group of Nepal Administrative Service.
- Members of entourage of the official visit of the Prime Minister.
- Members of the delegation attending the General Assembly/Special Assembly of the United Nations and its Specialized Agencies, ADB, SAARC Summit, SAARC Ministerial Meeting and other International and Regional Summit.
- Royal Nepalese Ambassador, Permanent Representative of the Kingdom of Nepal to the UN, Head of the Mission and his/her dependent family members, officials assigned to the Royal Nepalese Mission and his/her family members.
- Persons representing His Majesty's Government on an Assignment to a Special Mission.
Two copies of application form are required for Diplomatic Passports. Diplomatic passports are exempted from fees.
- Official Passports
Official Passports are issued to the following persons for their official visits abroad. The validity of such Passports are specified for certain period and can be extended.
- Officers of the Royal Palace Service, Nepal Civil Service, Royal Nepalese Army, Nepal Police and Armed Police other than the holders of Diplomatic Passports
- Chairperson of District Development Committee and Mayor of Municipality.
- Vice-Chancellors of a Government University, Royal Nepalese Academy and Royal Nepalese Academy of Science and Technology.
Official Passports are exempted from fees. The applicants are required to fill in two copies of application form.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]