[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Lost or Stolen Passports in the US

There are two steps required to get a new passport. First, you must report your valid passport lost or stolen immediately. This is required of anyone who loses or has a passport stolen. The second step is to replace your passport. Both steps and forms required are described below.

To Report a Lost or Stolen Passport :

Complete Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport, Form DS-64

U.S. Department of State
Passport Services
Consular Lost/Stolen Passport Section
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036

Do not mail your new passport application to this address. In order to obtain a new passport you must appear in person at a Passport Agency.

To Replace a Lost or Stolen Valid Passport :

Complete Application for Passport, Form DS-11

You must appear in person at a Passport Agency or Acceptance Facility.

Complete Question #18 as follows:

Submit your form:

Note : If you travel extensively, you may request a larger, 48-page passport at no additional cost. To do so, please attach a signed request for a 48-page passport to your application.

US Passport

US Passport Form

US Second Passport

US Passport Renewal by Mail

US Regional Passport Agencies

Photo Requirements for US Passports

How to Apply in Person for a US Passport

[an error occurred while processing this directive]