The Passenger Locator Form (PLF) for the UK is a travel document that should be filled by anyone who is travelling to the United Kingdom, either by plane, train or ferry.
It is available to you free of charge but you cannot fill it whenever you want to, and it should be done before 48 hours of entering the country.
The Passenger Locator Form will be used to notify you if a travel companion develops COVID-19 symptoms, and it will also be used to ensure that you are complying with the quarantine rules while in the UK.
Even if you have the COVID-19 vaccination certificate with you, you should fill out the form for entry if you are transiting from the UK to a third country destination.
Note: It’s important to remember that giving incorrect information in this document is punishable by law. So, if you are not truthful about the countries you visited in the ten days leading up to your trip to the UK, you might be fined or jailed in UK (sometimes both).
How do you fill out the Passenger Locator Form for the UK?
The Passenger Locator Form for UK (United Kingdom) can be completed online and will just take a few minutes of your time.
Before completing the Passenger Locator Form for the UK, you must have the following documents:
- The details of your passport or document you will be using instead of a passport.
- All of your travel details, including the dates and timings of your activities in the UK
- The address of the place where you will be staying while in the United Kingdom.
- A negative COVID-19 test result obtained at least three days prior to your trip to the UK, and the document must be written in English, French, or Spanish.
- The booking reference numbers for the COVID-19 tests that you must take after entering the UK.
- The invoice number for the hotel where you are staying during your quarantine period.
- The name of the test provider with whom you have scheduled your Test to Release.
A QR code will be sent to the email address you have entered in the form. You may either download this form for entry to your smartphone or print it out to present as evidence of completion at UK border control.
What else should you know about the Passenger Locator Form for the United Kingdom?
- You must schedule these tests before submitting the Passenger Locator Form for the United Kingdom, since the reference numbers will be required when completing the form.
- If you did not create an account before completing the form, the information you submit will be kept for just 42 days before being deleted.
- However, if you did create an account, the information you submit will be kept for around 6 months from the date you last checked in to https://www.gov.uk/.
- Each individual traveling with you should fill out a separate Passenger Locator Form for the United Kingdom.
- If you are traveling with a person under the age of 18 who will be staying in the same lodging as you after arrival, you may include them on your form for entry.
- However, if you are traveling to Scotland, you may add a person who is under the age of 16 to your form.
- If you are traveling to the UK from Channel Islands, Ireland, the Isle of Man, and have remained in those regions for 10 days or more, you do not need to fill out a passenger locator form.
- You must apply for a new passenger locater form if you wish to modify any information after it has been submitted.