The Vietnam Health Declaration is an online health declaration that must be completed by every traveler planning to visit Vietnam.
The online form should be filled out with relevant and up-to-date information about the traveler’s personal details, details of their planned stay in Vietnam, their travel history, health state, contact information, and more.
The Vietnam health declarations have been introduced due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic aiming to serve as an additional safety measure for the general public.
Vietnam is now open for international travelers despite their vaccination status without needing them to quarantine upon arrival. The Covid-19 testing requirement remains in place for every traveler aged 2 and over.
All travelers planning to visit Vietnam should complete the Vietnam Medical Declaration Form with the required information before departure to receive a QR code via email confirming the completion of the form.
Requirements for completing the Vietnam Health Declaration Form
Documents and details needed for completing the Vietnam Health Declaration:
- valid passport/ID
- Covid-19 test details
- vaccination certificate (for vaccinated travelers entering Vietnam)
- travel to Vietnam details (e.g., address for the stay in Vietnam, flight details, etc.)
Additional requirements for completing the Vietnamese Medical Declaration:
- active email address
- Stable internet connection
How to complete the Vietnam Health Declaration online
To complete the Vietnam Health Declaration Form, prepare the earlier-listed required documents and make sure that you have all the necessary information to complete the form with.
- Complete the Vietnam Health Declaration with the required data and double-check if every piece of information provided is correct.
- Cover the service fee using any method of online payment.
- Wait for the confirmation email to be delivered.
Information to provide in the Vietnam Health Declaration application form
- Personal Details, such as name, date of birth, gender, nationality, passport number
- Contact Information, including phone number and email address
- Travel Details – (way of travel, place of departure and arrival, flight/transportation details, address for the stay in Vietnam)
- Travel History – countries visited within the last 14 days
- Health Status – yes/no question asking whether or not the traveler has been experiencing any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days: fever/cough/difficulty breathing/sore throat/vomiting/diarrhea/rash/and more
- Vaccination Information: details of your vaccination (only for vaccinated travelers)
- Testing Information (details of your Covid-19 test that needs to be taken before departure
- History of Exposure – yes/no questions asking whether or not the traveler has been exposed to certain situations within the last 14 days (e.g., caring for a sick person with communicable diseases or visiting a poultry farm)
What happens after submitting the application form
After submitting a completed application form for the Vietnam Health Declaration, the Vietnamese Government issues a QR code, which is then delivered to each traveler via email.
Print out the received confirmation code or save it in an electronic form to later present it to the customs officials in Vietnam.