The Greece Passenger Locator Form (PLF) is a travel document that should be filled by anyone who is travelling to Greece. It should be done at least 48 hours before you arrive, and cannot be filled on the date your flight is leaving for Greece.
The purpose of the Passenger Locator Form is to contact you if a person who has travelled with you develop COVID-19 symptoms, and to get more information about your trip to Greece.
Note: You should remember that providing false information in this travel document is a criminal offence. Therefore, you should be honest in providing information for this form and you shouldn’t falsify your COVID-19 test results.
How should you apply for the Passenger Locator Form for Greece?
The PLF Greece can be completed entirely online and it will only take a few minutes of your time.
Unlike the other countries, a family should submit only one form for entry which will include the information of other family members as well, including the ones who are below 18 years old.
The required documents before you submit the Passenger Locator Form for Greece,
- The passport details which you will be using to arrive in Greece.
- The details about the mode of transportation and if you are travelling by plane, you should include the airline name, flight number and the date of arrival to Greece.
- The address of the accommodation that you are staying in while in Greece.
- A negative COVID-19 PCR test result taken no more than 3 days before arriving in Greece (applicable for children who are above 12 years old), or a negative antigen (rapid) test result taken 2 days before arrival.
- You don’t need a negative COVID-19 PCR test result if you have a vaccination certificate. But the vaccination should be done at least 2 weeks before the date of arrival and the accepted vaccinations are Moderna, Astra Zeneca, Pfizer BioNTech, Johnson/Janssen, Sinovac Biotech, Gamaleya (Sputnik), Sinopharm, Cansino Biologics.
- Or a recovery certificate which is dated 30 days after the day of the first positive COVID-19 and is no older than 180 days before travelling to Greece.
All these documents should be provided in either English, French, Spanish, Italian or Russian languages.
A confirmation message will arrive at the email address you have provided in the form after completing it. The QR code which you need to enter Greece will arrive before you the date of your arrival.
You can either keep this saved on your smartphone or print it out to be presented at the border control as proof of completion.
What other information should you know about the Passenger Locator Form for Greece?
- You have to create an account at the website https://travel.gov.gr/#/user/register to fill the Greece PLF.
- Sampling tests will be done from selected people upon arrival in Greece. If you test positive for COVID-19, you will be asked to quarantine in the hotel you have booked along with other people you were travelling with.
- However, these hotels should be 4/5-star rating hotels that follow all the quarantine rules and regulations implemented by the Greek government. Otherwise, you will be taken into other hotels in which the expenses will be covered by the Greek government.
- You will have to go through COVID-19 PCR tests as well and a quarantine period of 10 days will be mandatory.