A Tanzania visa for Indians is required for all travelers from India who plan to visit Tanzania. From 2018, the visa for short-term tourist trips to Tanzania is available online.
Indian citizens must be 18 years old or over, have a device with internet access, and prepare the necessary documentation.
The application process is straightforward: an Indian national just completes the form, uploads the required documents, and pays the fees online. The approved electronic visa to Tanzania comes to email as a PDF document.
The ability to complete the Tanzania application online without visiting the diplomatic mission saves the traveler’s time. The processing of Tanzania eVisa is also faster than that of the regular visa.
Tanzania tourist electronic visa permits Indian citizens to have one entry into Tanzania and enjoy a visit for leisure purposes for up to 3 months (90 days).
Another type, a Tanzania transit visa, is issued to travelers willing to get to another country. The maximum period of stay with a transit eVisa to Tanzania is 7 days.
Please submit the Tanzanian eVisa application at least 10 business days before the intended date of your travel.
Do Indians need a visa to enter Tanzania?
Indian citizens are not able to visit Tanzania visa-free. That’s why Indians need to obtain a Tanzanian visa either at the embassy, upon arrival in Tanzania, or online.
The online way of getting a visa to Tanzania is the easiest one, as it is hassle-free, does not require attending the embassy, and can be completed within minutes. It is also safe: a traveler arrives in Tanzania with an already-approved visa and does not have to stress about possible visa refusal.
Types of Tanzania eVisa for Indian travelers
The electronic visa to Tanzania can be obtained in two types:
- Tanzania tourist visa – serves leisure purposes, such as vacationing, sightseeing, and visiting friends and relatives.
- Tanzania transit visa – permits travelers to pass through Tanzania to another country; the stay in Tanzania cannot exceed 7 days.
How can Indian citizens apply for a Tanzania visa online?
The Tanzania eVisa facilitation enables Indian nationals to have a simple and speedy application process. A convenient procedure can be completed from home and allows applicants to save much time.
Indian citizens should follow a total of 4 steps:
- Fill out the electronic form for Tanzania eVisa. Provide the required information in an accurate way.
- Gather the supporting documents and attach them to the form. Ensure the documents are of good quality.
- Cover the fees online. It is possible to use a debit/credit card or PayPal.
- Await the result. If your application is successful, the approved Tanzania eVisa will come to the email account.
Note: The electronic visa to Tanzania will arrive as a PDF document. Travelers from India must make a hard copy and bring it to the Tanzanian entry port.
Tanzania eVisa requirements for Indian nationals
Indian passport holders need to upload digital copies of several documents:
- the bio-data page of the applicant’s passport with at least a 6-month validity period
- the photo of the applicant’s face
- a return ticket (for a tourism visa to Tanzania)
- an onward ticket (for a transit visa to Tanzania)
The copies may be made by scanning or taking photos with a smartphone camera or web camera. The main requirement is that the picture must be clear and show all the data.
Indian passport holders must be able to complete the application process for a Tanzania visa online without issues. Therefore, there are additional Tanzania eVisa requirements:
- a properly functioning device (smartphone, tablet, laptop, or PC)
- internet connection (mobile, hardwired, or Wi-Fi)
- a valid email address (an applicant must have access to it)
- means to make payments online
Requirements on arrival
At the Tanzania entry port, Indian citizens may be requested to show the following documents to the customs officials:
- a valid Indian passport
- a paper copy of an approved Tanzania eVisa
At the airport, Indian nationals receive a Tanzania eVisa stamp indicating the date by which they must return to their country of origin.
Allowed stay for Indians with a Tanzania visa
The stay with a Tanzania online visa depends on the type selected during the application process.
A Tanzania tourist visa allows an Indian citizen to enter the country one time and remain there for 3 months (90 days) from the date of arrival.
The processing time is different for each Tanzanian visa application. In most cases, it takes only about a week to approve the electronic visa to Tanzania.
Applicants must note that delays are possible if there are mistakes or the Tanzania visa application is not fully comphttps://passportvisa.org/wp-admin/media-upload.php?post_id=5439&type=image&TB_iframe=1lete. The documents must also meet the stipulated requirements.
It is advisable to review the application for a Tanzania eVisa several times before submitting it to make certain it contains accurate details.
Ports accepting an electronic visa in Tanzania
India travelers using Tanzania electronic visas should know that only some border crossing points in Tanzania support eVisas.
In order to enter Tanzania without issues, you need to check the listed ports and choose one of them.
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA)
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA)
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA)
- Mwanza International Airport (MWZ)
Border crossing points:
- Namanga border
- Tunduma border
Important! Tanzania eVisa is not accepted in Tanzanian seaports.